Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Carbohydrate Cravings



         I grew up in an athletic environment. My parents met each others when my mom fell while skiing and my dad came to help her. From that moment, they knew they were made for each other and never let go. Every weekend my parents took my sister and I skiing and in the summer time they signed us up to Tennis camps or sent us to ski im TIgnes on the  glacier.


I never had to worry about my weight or what I ate. I used to eat Pasta, bread, croissant all the time. It all changed when I moved to USA to go to the University. Diet commercials everywhere, all my friends at school were talking about loosing weight and not eating carbs etc…
I lived in the USA for 6 years and now I am back to Europe. As long as I remember since then every time I eat pasta or bread I have to work it off and feel GUILTY.  I haven’t being able to enjoy it. I feel it is like poison and bad for my health. I miss the old time when I was just a little girl  

As a runner, I need my carbs since I don’t eat it that often I crave it all the time!!! Sometimes I dream about food and eating in my dreams….
I really think I should start to include carbs in my life without being all paranoid. Carbs is the fuel of a runner. I Need it….Don’t I??? Bu why am I all worried when I think of Carbs I think of FAT

In this Blog I set a new goal:
--Introducing carbs slowly in my diet without feeling all the guilt ( I Hope)

No comments:

Post a Comment