Friday, September 25, 2009

10 Mile Race


September 19th i run a 10 mile race in Amsterdam called the Dam tot Damloop. It was an amazing race because it was at night. Running at night with a great music and a great atmosphere makes me want to run faster.

Before i start running i set a goal of 1h 10 min or Less... The course was amazing, Nike did a great job with all the set up. I felt very good, a steady Pace of 13.5 km/h. Usually at the last few km i can just move my pace to 14 but this time i was stuck at that pace. i did every 5 km in 22 min and i end up finishing with 1h 11.

I am a little disappointed, because i really wanted to go below 1h 10 and i know i can.  This was my first race since the spring so i shouldn't be too hard on myself. On october 18th i am running my first 1/2 marathon and i am super excited about it.

Usually I dont set time for a new Distance but i would love to do my first 1/2 marathon arounf the 1h 30.
23 days to go and i am getting super excited about it.

My love for running has increased big time. After work even when i am tired going out and running is the best feeling of the day. I am runner and i will keep running.

No comments:

Post a Comment