Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year 2013



I love New Year’s Eve. For me it is the day where I turn the page and start a new one. Because 2012 was not my favourite year with my knee injury which caused me not to be too happy about.

Honestly I can’t wait for midnight to tick … I am clicking the delete button to remove all the things that made me sad! On the other hand I am keeping the beautiful moment like my hubby's MBA graduation and job promotion and of course having my precious little D in my life.

2012 was black and white. I had goals and I kept so hard trying to achieve them but the harder I tried the more I got disappointed because I couldn’t adjust to the new situation!  I believe everything happens for a reason and because of that I am the strong woman that I am today!

I started 2012 with the wrong foot but it was a life lesson. Life can get in the way but after my 2012 experience, I learned that life can throw you off track and mess up your plans. But that doesn’t mean you have to throw in the towel and give up. You have to be realistic and easy on yourself. When you feel off track and you don’t feel like you are accomplishing your goals, relax a bit, realize that the situation won’t go on forever and then get yourself right back on track. Goals and resolutions should be flexible and fluid. They should always be in the back of your mind and you should always be making small efforts to try and accomplish them, but when life gets in the way, don’t use it as an excuse to quit. Use it as a resting period for all your previous hard work. Enjoy the rest, then get right back on track. Look at it as just a little bump in the road that caused some ripples in your plan. It didn’t destroy your plan.

I am so positive about 2013, I know it is going to be a healthy year! Already the end of 2012 has been only but amazing and that’s a good end of a new beginning!

2013 is going to different than previous years. This time in place of having too many goals I have only one goal. This goal is “Love the life I live, live the life I love” . In other words, the sky is the limit and with the support of the people who truly love me I am just going to do the things that makes me happy and and are the best for me and for my little family!

So if this means running Boston marathon in April 2013 or running my 1st trail in August or road biking my 1st race in July or doing more triathlons? THEN THIS IS GONNA BE IT!

 



I wish you all an awesome 2013 :-)









9 comments:

  1. I wish you the best voor 2013 and hope you achieve all your goals set for 2013... and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice goal for 2013 I think i'm going to adapt that one...!! Love the life I live, live the life I love!!
    I wish you and your family all the best in 2013 and who knows where we'll meet this year.. ;-))
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2012 was a year with ups and downs but indeed, it made you stronger and for sure faster! 2013 is gonna be your year!! I wish you all the best for the New Year together with your Hubby and Little D! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!
    I am looking forward to 2013 too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I hope to read about you achieving all your goals in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Ness, to you, to your family.
    It's been a hard year, but now you're getting back to best shape, and you're gonna break so many personal bests.
    Boston will be great, enjoy,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new Year!

    We laten 2012 ver achter ons qua blessures en gaan op naar 2013, een mooi nieuw hardloopjaar! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year voor jou en je familie Nesrine. Het afgelopen jaar, was een jaar met ups en downs. 2013 gaat jou jaar worden. Heel veel succes Nesrine.

    ReplyDelete